Internet and VoIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) technology, as well as webcam and USB microphone hardware, have made significant improvements in recent years, making it now completely possible to have a professional voice lesson online, from a remote location no matter where you live or where your professional engagements may take you.
Currently I have students who telecommute to lessons from all over the United States. Varying time zones allow us to work at the time that is most convenient for YOU! I am available for webcam lessons during any of my normal studio hours and additionally at various times in the early AM or late PM (US PST), depending on your time zone and preference. If you don’t see an available time that fits in your time zone please email us with your preference.
My studio is fully equipped with:
- 42″ Samsung HD Color Monitor
- Logitech HD Webcam (High Definition Video)
- Samson C01U & Blue Yeti USB Studio Microphones for crystal clear audio
- Klipsch 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers
With my system it’s the next best thing to being here.
What YOU need to have an online lesson:
- A webcam and microphone (either external or built into your computer). If you have a MAC computer you may not need any other equipment. ALL MAC computers (and newer PC’s) come equipped with high def webcams and high frequency response microphones, which make the clarity spectacular. However…
- If you want to upgrade your webcam the Logitec HD Pro is a very good model at only $79.99.
- If you are not sure about your microphone status, I recommend the Blue Yeti THX Certified USB Microphone ($99.99) or the Samson C01U USB Condenser Microphone ($79.00).
- If you would like to upgrade your speaker system the Logitec Speaker System Z523 is quite good, and mid-priced at $79.99
- A high speed internet connection and an online video program (Skype, ooVoo, Tango, Google Hangouts) to meet online. Many students prefer the ooVoo application which has the ability to record the lesson so you have a visual record of your lesson to refer back to throughout the week.
Please be advised that the quality of the live online experience is only as good as the hardware used to deliver it. The better your mic and speakers, the better your experience will be.